OUMERE doesn’t make vitamin C serum as a result of I’ve found, by way of my very own analysis and observations, that vitamin C serums are harmful to the pores and skin. Vitamin C serums are commonplace in skincare, however they’re a product primarily based on scientific illiteracy and advertising gimmick.
I imagine that solely those that don’t perceive biology, and who would not have the power to learn and perceive scientific literature, however who need to catch the stylish product practice would put a vitamin C product of their books. skincare, or would market it in any manner.
So why are they so widespread in skincare in the event that they have no advantages? How did this product grow to be so widespread?
In brief, the speculation is that, as a result of dietary vitamin C is concerned within the biosynthesis of collagen throughout improvement and growing older, topical utility of vitamin C will stimulate collagen within the pores and skin.
Anybody who has taken an introductory biology course ought to know that this isn’t how the physique works for the next causes:
1. As soon as your physique is saturated with a water soluble vitamin (corresponding to vitamin C), any extra will probably be flushed out. Your physique is just not a Porsche. In the event you’re getting near prime velocity, you may’t simply activate Sports activities mode and go even quicker. In case your physique has sufficient vitamin C, including extra is just not going to stimulate collagen in your physique. Nothing can “turbo increase” the collagen within the physique. Your physique produces solely a restricted quantity of collagen at a time, and it can’t produce greater than it is programmed or produce greater than your physique deems adequate at any given time.
And your physique cannot retailer vitamin C for later.
So which means in case you are not poor in vitamin C, including extra vitamin C does nothing for good. And until you are a seventeenth century pirate, you are most likely not poor, or poor sufficient, in vitamin C that supplementation has an impact on collagen synthesis in your physique. Nonetheless, as an example you might be affected by Vitamin C deficiency, it nonetheless won’t trigger a surge in collagen when making use of Vitamin C topically as a result of:
2. To make collagen, vitamin C should work together with particular enzymes. These enzymes are situated within the dermis, which is nicely under the place the serum is on the pores and skin.
Non-pharmaceutical serums (most of which you will get with out a prescription) do not penetrate the pores and skin, which is an effective factor. You don’t need a non-pharmaceutical agent to get into the deep layers of your pores and skin as a result of it might make you sick. If there’s any sort of contamination within the product (which would be the case as a result of skincare is just not sterile) then these contaminants enter your bloodstream. Because of this your skincare mustn’t include any ingredient that breaks the highest protecting layer of the pores and skin. DMSO, important oils (or the terpenes they include), alcohol or another activator of pores and skin penetration needs to be averted in skincare. Some of these brokers, moreover getting impurities into your organs and bloodstream, additionally require the breakdown of elastin, collagen, and pores and skin cells to succeed in pores and skin penetration. This negates the entire objective of utilizing a supposedly “collagen stimulating” serum.
As well as:
3. Vitamin C is a water soluble compound, and water soluble compounds don’t successfully penetrate past the higher layers of the stratum corneum. Lipophilic compounds penetrate deep into the pores and skin / bloodstream which is why Vitamin A (fats soluble) (aka retinoid acid) causes such a robust response on the pores and skin and may affect the liver and different organs.
For vitamin C to have an impact, it must attain the dermis, as that is the place the enzymes that make procollagen (the precursor to collagen) are situated. And as said earlier than, with vitamin C alone or in a serum, this isn’t potential, or not potential in a manner that won’t hurt your pores and skin (by pulling it aside to succeed in these deeper layers, which destroys collagen to take action). Because of this dietary vitamin C works and topical vitamin C doesn’t: as a result of vitamins in your bloodstream can attain the dermis.
That is additionally the explanation why all of the authentic research which confirmed that vitamin C has an impact on the collagen secretion of the pores and skin cells did so in a petri dish, as a result of there was no barrier. to beat for the vitamin and the vitamin reacted with pores and skin cells in an remoted case. setting that doesn’t mimic the truth of human pores and skin. And due to this fact has no relevance or probative worth in these circumstances.
As well as, even when a fats soluble type of vitamin C was used, it could nonetheless not trigger a collagen synthesis response when used topically for the explanations talked about in level 1 and it may result in well being penalties as described. in level 2 above. It is also price noting that the entire long-standing scientific analysis cited to advertise topical C has been carried out on the water-soluble type.
Vitamin C serums and pores and skin destruction
What vitamin C serums can’t do is upregulate or promote collagen synthesis, however they will oxidize your pores and skin, desensitize your physique’s capacity to provide collagen naturally, disrupt your bacterial biome which retains your pores and skin wholesome and trigger irritation.
And, we all know this not solely from understanding biology, however from experiences from Bioluminescence readers and OUMERE prospects.
The ten Methods Vitamin C Serums Destroyed Your Pores and skin, As You Reported
I’ve compiled a listing of High 10 Vitamin C Person Complaints, which they reported stopping or getting higher after stopping utilizing Vitamin C Serum and beginning a wholesome skincare routine.
- Redness / purple patches
- Spots on the pores and skin / uneven pores and skin tone / hyperpigmentation
- Lack of firmness of the pores and skin
- Elevated tremendous strains / wrinkles
- contact dermatitis
- Pores and skin burns / chemical burns
- Hydration loss
- Fats T zone
- Aggravation of rosacea
The entire above might be attributed to the next:
1. Vitamin C inflicting oxidation of the pores and skin
2. Vitamin C inflicting an inflammatory response
3. Vitamin C upsets the steadiness of your pores and skin by altering your bacterial biome.
4. Vitamin C destroys collagen and elastin within the pores and skin
5. Vitamin C breaks down wholesome pores and skin cells
One of the simplest ways is the natural manner, and the natural solution to produce extra collagen is in your pores and skin cells to secrete it on their very own. That is carried out by exfoliation with an AHA / PHA / BHA exfoliant. Some other means can have no impact or can have a harmful impact. And along with your pores and skin, it is best to do issues your physique prefers, moderately than by way of skincare modes that lack any scientific advantage.
Impact of solubility and molecular dimension on pores and skin penetration.
Koide, T., & Nagata, Ok. (2005). Biosynthesis of collagen. Collagen, 85–114. doi: 10.1007 / b103820
Levin, J., & Momin, SB (2010). What do we actually learn about our favourite cosmeceutical substances ?. The Journal of Medical and Aesthetic Dermatology, 3(2), 22.